The Provident Difference
Currently the 71st largest credit union in the U.S. (17th largest in California), Provident Credit Union was established in 1950 to serve the California Teachers Association. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, Provident Credit Union now serves more than 100,000 members from over 1200 employer
groups and maintains branches throughout California, and nationwide.
Your Money is Safe at Provident
Provident Credit Union is committed to the safety of our members' deposits. With over 1.7 billion dollars in assets, Provident has earned a reputation for absolute safety and soundness. Additionally, we hold 13% of our assets in reserve, a figure greatly exceeding that of most banks. Plus, your savings are insured to $250,000 per membership (with an additional $250,000 per IRA) by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
Financial Statement 12-2012.xls
Benefits of Provident Credit Union Membership
- Enjoy a wide range of high-yield savings, money market, term certificates, and IRAs, including the Roth and Education IRA
- Low rate personal, auto, RV, and home loans
- Choice of low or no-fee checking accounts, including Interest Checking and the very liquid Money Market Checking account
- Nationwide network of Branches
- Worldwide ATM network
- ATM and Visa Check Cards for cash or purchasing convenience
- Visa Platinum, Gold, and Classic credit cards with 7 day, 24 hour customer service
- Toll-free 24-hour account access by phone with Touch Tone Teller
- Personal computer account access through Account Manager
- Electronic Bill Payments through Account Manager
- Zero Liability Fraud Protection Guarantee
- Monday through Friday telephone service through our Call Center
- 24-hour loans by phone
- Financial Consulting through our Investment Services department
- Auto loan refinancing; on-site and dealer car sales; and discount vehicle pricing for members only
- Membership eligibility extended to anyone related to you by birth, marriage or adoption
- Perpetual membership - "once a member, always a member," even if you retire or change jobs. If you terminate your membership, you may enroll at another time
Click on the Sponsor Groups link at left to
find out how your company or association can become a Provident Credit Union sponsor.
Numbers quoted on this page are accurate as of 09/30/2012.