Provident Savings & Investment Programs
Click below for the type of account you are interested in. If you're interested in saving for retirement or education, be sure to check our IRA, ESA, and HSA options. For a complete listing of Provident's excellent savings rates, click on the Rates tab above.
Term share certificates are the credit union industry's versions of certificates of deposit (CDs). They are purchased for set periods of time.
Some of the highest fixed rates you'll find on federally insured accounts. Our Term Share Certificates pay substantially higher dividends than local banks. Terms range from 6 to 60 months, $1,000 minimum deposit.
Doesn't it irk you when rates rise and you're stuck at a lower level?
This great savings certificate solves that
problem because you can step up to a higher rate.
If we advertise a higher rate for this certificate, you can request whatever rate is current, one time, any time
during the term of the certificate, and we'll apply it to the remaining term. Just let us know.
These 24-month Savings Certificates have a $1,000 minimum.
Now you can get the great rate of a Term Share Certificate, and still be able to deposit and withdraw funds from it when you need to! The Liquid Certificate offers:
- Unlimited deposits: you can use automated deposits to grow it even more*
- Frequent withdrawals: up to once every seven days*
- Outstanding fixed rate: even higher than many of our longer-term certificates
* Minimum withdrawal: $500. Minimum balance: $5,000. Maximum balance $500,000. Withdrawals must be made in person at a Provident Credit Union branch or by calling Provident at (800) 632-4600.
Variable Rate "Add On" Certificate
A high rate certificate, with only
$500 initial minimum deposit, and you
can add deposits of any amount -- anytime! Take advantage of good market conditions with this variable rate
24-month term certificate. Great gift idea, and a
smart way to save with automatic payroll deduction.
Deferred Dividend Certificate
This type of certificate works differently from our other type of Term Share Certificates. A deferred certificate is designed to help accumulate money for long term goals such as retirement or to protect funds you have already saved. Dividends for this account are paid at maturity and compounded annually.
Youth Add-On Certificate:
Enjoy a high return that piggy banks simply can't match. Featuring a low opening deposit of $50.00, and the ability to add additional funds anytime. This account is a 12-month certificate specifically designed for those under the age of 18. Youth membership required.
More Info on Youth Accounts Rates Apply
Round Up is an easy way to automatically save by rounding up your debit card purchases to the nearest dollar and having the difference transferred to a Round Up Savings account from your checking account. This free program also allows you to add on dollar amounts ($1, $2, or $3) to each transaction, and amounts up to $100 at the end of each month.
We'll Match You!
Provident Credit Union will match 100% of your eligible round up transactions for the first three months on your first enrolled account. Thereafter, we will match 5% on this account and all subsequent enrolled accounts up to $250 per year.* (Super Reward Checking is not eligible for matching.)
Save Up Cash or Pay Down Debt
Each month, choose to transfer your balance to an eligible Provident savings account, loan, or credit line (checking accounts are not eligible). Or keep your funds in your Round Up Savings account and watch it grow!
What You Need to Know About the Round Up program:
- Eligible transactions are aggregated and transferred to the Round Up account at the end of each day.
- Transfer to and from your Round Up account any time.
- Your match bonus will be credited on your anniversary date (or on the next business day after that).
- Matching occurs on the rounded transaction amounts only.
- Enrollment is only available via Account Manager (online banking).
- Fresh Start Checking and Health Savings Accounts are not eligible for enrollment.
- Only debit card PIN and signature based transactions are eligible.
- Must be enrolled in e-Documents.
Watch this video about how the program works. Then experience how simple saving money can be.
To enroll, sign on to Account Manager. Then simply click on the Round Up blue-bar on the Summary of Balances page, and select "Enroll" next to the designated checking account. Don't have Account Manager? Enroll online now.
Rates Terms and Conditions Disclosure
* 100% matching applies to first enrolled account only. Matching funds are based solely on signature transactions (i.e. when the credit option is selected). The Super Reward Checking account is not eligible for matching.
Do you have a need for an annual savings account? For instance, would you like to start
saving now for holiday expenses, a well-deserved vacation, property or income taxes? Then
let Provident's Accumulator Savings Plan make it easy for you... while earning a high return. This one-year account features a rate comparable to that of a two-year term certificate!
Guaranteed Minimum Rate of Return
The floor APY (0.20% APY for 2013) is guaranteed through December 31 of the
current year, even if market rates fall drastically. This floor yield
is determined by Provident Credit Union and may be adjusted on January 1st each year.
What You Need to Know about the Accumulator:
- The APY is variable but is always much higher than a typical 1-year certificate rate.
- All deposits must be made automatically via Direct Deposit or Automatic Transfer.
- First such deposit must be at least $25.
- Funds must be transferred to your Provident Credit Union savings account at least once in a 12-month period.
- Dividends are paid on the last day of the month that the scheduled automatic transfer takes place.
- Maximum deposit of $3,000 per month.
Experience how convenient and easy saving money can be. To apply complete and print
out the online application, then return it
to your local branch, or mail or fax it to Provident (the mailing address and fax number are on the PDF).
Looking for an attractive investment yield without tying up your savings for the
long-term? Provident Credit Union Money Market accounts offer you higher dividends than typical savings accounts, along with convenient access to your money. Check out
Provident's rates. Best of all, like all Provident Credit Union savings accounts, your deposits
are federally insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration.
Money Market Savings
For a minimum of just $2,500, you can open a Provident Credit Union Money Market Savings account. This higher-rate savings account is perfect if you want both higher rates and instant liquidity. Our Money Market Savings Account allows up to six withdrawals per month.
Premier Money Market Savings
Looking for a new investment option that pays premier returns? The Premier Money Market Savings account offers the same liquidity as a regular Money Market Savings, but with much higher yields, as long as you maintain a minimum balance of $25,000, and direct deposit/Automatic Transfer at least $1,000 a month into it.*
* Direct deposit/automatic transfer of $1,000/month minimum to your checking account under the same membership is required, and must begin no later than 60 days from the date the account is opened and continue for the life of account. If direct deposit/automatic transfer does not begin or stops, the account will convert to regular Money Market Account and the balance will earn the rates in effect for that product. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Not available to institutional deposits.
Super Reward Checking
Want to earn high dividends, but also have complete access to all your funds? Then Super Reward Checking is for you! This account combines all the best features you would want in a checking account, with monthly dividends and no monthly service charge. This account rewards you for using the electronic convenience features that are benefits in and of themselves. Other features include:
- High Yield Dividends (currently 1.76% APY) on balances up to $25,000
- Unlimited ATM use, with no Provident surcharge
- ATM Surcharge Rebates: Up to $2.50 rebate per single transaction on any third-party surcharges at any national ATM**
- Free Overdraft Protection*
- No Fee travelers checks, money orders, and corporate checks
You'll receive the high dividends and the ATM rebates monthly, when the following requirements are met:**
- 10 Debit Card transactions per month (PIN- or signature-based, does not include ATM transactions)
- Direct Deposit of your paycheck (at least monthly) or 1 ACH credit or debit per month
- E-Documents enrollment (you receive all your monthly statements and important account notices through online banking)
The minimum deposit required to open this Account is $25. To qualify you must also be a member, 18 or older. Limit 1 (one) Super Reward Checking accounts per membership.
* In the event of an overdraft, if you have selected certain accounts to be used for overdraft, and the funds are available they are automatically transferred from your other accounts. If you do not have funds available we offer Courtesy Pay (there is a per-item fee
for Courtesy Pay).
** If these requirements are not met in their entirety, Annual Percentage Yield (APY) paid will be 0% and no ATM rebates will be issued for that cycle. All transactions referred to as "per month" or "monthly" must be posted within the monthly qualification cycle which ends on the second to last business day of the month. Posting date may be later than the date of the transaction.
Membership Savings Accounts
When you join Provident, you deposit $5 or more into a savings account. Because Provident Credit Union is member-owned,
this first $5 represents your "share" of stock in the organization. While the share price never changes, you
do get dividends on all your savings accounts and certificates (minimum balances apply on some accounts),
and great rates on your loans.
More Info on Membership Rates Apply
Youth Savings Accounts
When a Youth Savings Account is opened, the child becomes a member of Provident. Just fill
out the Youth Package application with the youth as
the primary owner and the adult as the secondary owner. If the child is under 10, then the adult will need to sign for both. The following additional accounts can also be opened as part of the Youth Package, or can be added individually later:
- Youth Checking: Available to youths 13-17, this checking account has no monthly service fee, and gives teenagers the ability to maintain their own finances. The account includes a free debit card, overdraft protection* and free, convenient ATM access.
- Youth Add-On Certificate: Enjoy a high return that piggy banks simply can't match. Featuring a low opening deposit of $50.00, and the ability to add additional funds anytime. This account is a 12-month certificate specifically designed for those under the age of 18.
More Info on Youth Accounts Rates Apply
Business Savings Account
Provident Credit Union offers business accounts to all types of businesses including:
- General or Limited Partnership
- Corporation (Profit or Non-Profit)
- Limited Liability Company and Limited Partnerships
- Sole Owner/Proprietorship
- Non-Profit Organizations
When your business joins Provident, you deposit $5 or more into a Business Savings account. Because Provident Credit Union is member-owned, this first $5 represents your "share" of stock in the organization. More about Provident Credit Union membership.
Once your business has joined Provident by opening a Business Savings account, you can then open a Business Checking account.
Click here for an easy reference guide [pdf] to all of the information and documents you need to open your Provident Business account(s).
Use the Business Account Application [pdf] to open a new Business Savings and Business Checking account for your business. Then bring your completed application to any Provident Credit Union branch.
Apply Online to open a new term share certificate, money market savings, or secondary savings account. Or see our Apply page for opening other account types and for other ways to apply.
Checking account opening options are listed on our Checking application page.
All Provident Credit Union deposits are federally insured to at least $250,000 per member (in addition to a separate $250,000 insurance for IRAs) by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a United States Government agency. This agency charters and supervises federal credit unions and insures savings in federal credit unions and most state-chartered credit unions across the country through the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF), a federal fund backed by the full faith and credit of the United States government.