Add your Provident Visa® credit and debit cards to your digital wallet for a secure, easy, and private way make purchases. Provident cards may be used with Apple Pay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay™, and Visa Checkout.
Shop In-Store or In-App
- Android phone running Kit Kat (4.4) or higher
- Phone needs to support NFC (Near Field Communication) and HCE (Host Card Emulation), which can be checked in Settings > More
- To start using Google Pay™, open the app and follow the setup instructions.
- If you're not using a screen lock on your device yet, you'll have to set one up to use Google Pay.
Add your Provident card
- Launch the Google Pay app.
- If you have multiple Google Accounts in Google Pay: At the top left of the app, touch your name, then choose the account you want to add a card to.
- At the bottom right, touch the plus sign +.
- Touch "Add a credit or debit card".
- Use the camera to capture your card info or enter it manually.
- If necessary, Provident may ask you to verify your identity by using one of the following methods.
- Text Message: You will receive an automated text message containing a one-time passcode. You must then enter in this one-time passcode within your digital wallet enrollment screen to confirm your identity.
- Email: You will receive an automated email containing a one-time passcode. You must then enter in this one-time passcode within your digital wallet enrollment screen to confirm your identity.
- Call Provident: If you are presented with this option, you will be prompted to contact Provident at (855) 553-4291. Please note, upon contacting Provident Credit Union you will be asked various security questions.
- After your card is verified, you can start using your Provident card with Google Pay. To make your Provident card your default payment card, double tap your Provident card, then touch "Set as default card".
Simple to Use
Pay in stores. You don't have to open the Google Pay app to make a purchase.
- Wake up and unlock your phone.
- Hold the back of your phone against the contactless payment terminal.
- If prompted, choose "Credit" regardless of your type of card.
Pay within apps.
- At checkout, touch the Google Pay purchase button.
- You may be prompted to select a payment method and enter your shipping address before confirming your order.